Friday, September 14, 2012

DIY Cleaner (409)

I was searching for some DIY cleaners, and ran across this one for 409 HERE.
I tried it out, and LOVE it. I used it in my bathroom and it worked wonders. Their site has a lot of DIY cleaning recipes, so be sure to check it out!

Now for the recipe =)
  • 2 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
  • 1 Tsp. Borax
  • 1/8 cup Dawn dishsoap (I used Palmolive, because that's what I had)
  • 1 cup hot water
  • Triggered 16 oz. spray bottle
  • Essential oil (optional)

Pour Borax into very HOT water, and mix well. (I did it the way they said, but the Borax kept getting clogged in the sprayer. On myy second attempt, I tried it this way).
Pour Borax mixture and vinegar into spray bottle. Continue to fill bottle with water. Add dishsoap last - you don't need to shake it. Add a few drops of essential oils, if you like. 

Notes: Like I said, I got the water very hot first, and dissolved the Borax. Secondly, I used a larger bottle, doubled the recipe, added 2 cups of water (instead of just filling the bottle up.) I didn't use any essential oils, but it still smelled fine. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 








No comments: