Monday, May 17, 2010

~ It all happened May 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm ~

I went into Anchorage to see Roy and get a few things done. I was so happy to be able to see him again because a plane ticket costs more than I'd like to pay, so we don't see each other often. The day after I arrived, I found out about my sisters baby, Lucy, not making it into this world. I was so upset by that, that the joy of seeing Roy had to be set aside for my sisters sake. She had just suffered a very great loss, and my heart broke for her. My mom headed out the next morning to visit my sister, and hopefully comfort her during this tragedy. Roy called me the morning she left and was so sweet, just listening to me, which was what I needed at the moment. He then said that my brother and I were invited to some friends' (Brunks) house for dinner, and he would pick us up that evening and take us over there. Our trip there was somewhat quiet because of the recent occurrences, but the conversations we had were spent mostly laughing or trying to figure out a way to include my brother, Cody, in them.

We were having a wonderful time at the Brunk's house, and Roy asked me if I'd like to go for a walk outside. I agreed, and by the silence he had held most of the day, I was suspecting him to propose. He kept looking a little nervous, and was talking about very random subjects. And then, out of the blue, we went back inside. Honestly, I was disappointed. I had gotten my hopes up for nothing, or so it seemed. I planned on marrying this wonderful man, but he had yet to pop the question although we were already planning our future together. We sat down at the dinner table, and ate a delicious meal of grilled brisket and all the sides. I was able to get to know that family a little, and truly enjoyed myself. We had a lot of good laughs, and just a genuinely good time. When we were finished, Roy stood up and grabbed our jackets, handed me mine, and opened the door. We headed out and he started telling me about the people we knew who lived right around there, and pointed out the mountain that he had thought would be a good area for us to have our wedding. He then said "Well, I talked to your dad". In my mind I was thinking okay? What does that have to do with anything? Then he pulled out a small box, took the most gorgeous ring out, and got down on one knee. I almost passed out, knowing now what he was about to ask. He looked up and said "Jenny, will you marry me?" My mouth dropped open, my hands spread apart, and inwardly I screamed and jumped up and down like a little kid in a candy store. I wasn't sure if I should cry, or squeal with excitement. I just looked at the ring with a smile on my face and said sarcastically "No, I don't think so..." then giggled and said "Of COURSE I will silly!!!!" I wanted so bad to give him the biggest hug of all time, but unfortunately, I would have to wait until August for that. All the way home I could not stop smiling. He had a big smile on his face as well. He drove Cody and I back to the hotel where we were staying, and we got a picture together and then he left. I ran over to the window to see him one last time, and as he drove away, he rolled down his window and shouted up to me "I LOVE YOU!" I could have burst at the seams with joy. I am now officially engaged to the man of my dreams, the one God had prepared me for all these years. I am so happy, and want to tell the whole world that if you wonder if it's worth waiting for the one God has for you, IT IS. I am so blessed to have Roy in my life, and am so in love with him. We pray that we always keep God first in our lives. I cannot thank God enough for what he has done for me, and how happy he has made me. Nipper out.