Monday, February 6, 2012

School Days

I am a volunteer teacher at a Christain school, and like any school, there are questions children have that you have to find a way to answer. Today, one of the young boys was crying because he wanted to see his Dad. He doesn't even know who his Dad is. He sees all the other children at school spending time with their fathers, and he has no man in his life to guide him, or do "guy things" with. It is hard for me to know what to say in situations like this because I can't relate. I was raised in a well structured home, and never wondered who my parents were or if they loved me. I think too often I take for granted the fact that I was raised in the enviroment that I was. I was able to reassure the young boy, and he seemed to be okay. He just needed a hug and some words of encouragement. Perhaps this will remind me to pray for him more often. Perhaps his struggles in school are more than non-motivation or carelessness.